The 2022 football season is almost here. We’re just Keenan Garber days away from Real Live Kansas State Football. The Wildcats kick off their latest campaign at 6 PM tomorrow at Bill Snyder Family Stadium against South Dakota.
If you aren’t already totally hyped for the game, this hype video should do it.
There’s plenty of season preview content from Bring on the Cats and elsewhere. In case you missed it, here are some links:
- The BotC Staff Roundtable - Part I
- 2022 Position Previews: Quarterbacks | Running Backs | Wide Receivers | Tight Ends | Offensive Line | Special Teams | Defensive Line | Linebackers | Defensive Backs
- The K-State Q&A tackles Adrian Martinez, Will Howard, and the weight of expectations (Kellis Robinett; Wichita Eagle)
- Collin Klein is going to be inducted into the K-State Ring of Honor on Saturday, but apparently he has something else going on that day, so his family will accept the honor in his stead. Others being inducted this year include Klein’s teammates Arthur Brown, Tyler Lockett, Larry Brown, Darren Howard, and Ell Roberson (Arne Green, Topeka Capital-Journal).
- New changes to the student tailgating policy might results in lower student turnout at games? That doesn’t sound like a particularly useful development.
Tomorrow is also the first day of the 2022 season for the Kansas State runners. The teams will be in Lawrence on Saturday for the Bob Timmons Invitational, with the men competing in a 6K while the women run a 5K. A highlight for the season is the return of former head coach Randy Cole who led the women to a Big 12 Championship in 1998.
On the first day of the UCF Challenge in Orlando, the VolleyCats notched a four-set victory over Syracuse (25-23, 25-18, 22-25, 25-21). Aliyah Carter led the team with 20 kills and four aces. That puts her over the 800 kill mark in her career and she’s now second all-time in 20-kill games.
Next up, Kansas State plays North Florida at 3:30 PM CDT today.