So, uh, yeah. That happened, and the Cats are probably headed to the NCAA Tournament. Quick bullets, and we’re just linking author names here for sanity’s sake:
- Your own intrepid servant, J.T. VanGilder
- Kendall Kaut at Our Daily Bears
- Kellis Robinett at the Star
- Ken Corbitt at the Capital-Journal
- John Werner at the Waco Tribune
- The Associated Press (uncredited, but it’s Dave Skretta)
- Joe Lunardi has 11-seeds K-State and Syracuse meeting in Dayton
- SB Nation’s Chris Dobbertean has K-State in, just ahead of the Orange
- The Capital-Journal’s Kevin Haskin thinks the Cats are in
- Yahoo’s Henry Bushnell isn’t completely sure
- Jerry Palm at CBS already had K-State as the last team in; he says they’re secure now
- Shelby Mast at USA Today has K-State facing Providence in Dayton
- Michael Beller at Sports Illustrated has the Cats in the last four
- Lastly, ESPN’s Eamonn Brennan stops short of calling K-State a lock, but thinks they’ve probably gotten the job done.
As for today’s activity, the Cats take on West Virginia at 8pm, while two other sports have double-headers: tennis takes on Nebraska-Omaha at 10am before starting Big 12 play against Texas Tech at 3pm, and baseball will play a pair against Cal-Riverside, first game at 1pm.