Just a quickie today as your benevolent despot subs in for the vacationing mistress of zeros.
The Dean Wade we’ve all been waiting for finally showed up last night, and Kamau Stokes and Barry Brown both reached their best versions of themselves as well. The question now is whether they can keep it up. Your sampling of coverage of last night’s big win, with lots of Iowa State angles to pad the count:
- Our own Luke Sobba provides our cover of the game, with three things he wants to keep seeing and three he wants to stop right this minute.
- K-State’s internal recap.
- Kellis Robinett at the Star/Eagle, whose gamer is surprisingly more editorial than usual. He starts off by calling it the first quality win of the year and blasting a cannon at the soft non-conference schedule.
- Ken Corbitt at the Capital-Journal, who leads off with Wade’s own stunned befuddlement over just what exactly he’d accomplished.
- This game was such a lightning bolt that the C-J double-dipped last night. Kevin Haskin opines on the outcome, suggests K-State’s small lineup could be problematic for Big 12 opponents, but laments the lack of a post threat.
- The official Iowa State recap.
- Travis Hines at the Ames Tribune discusses the difference between being on fire and lighting yourself on fire.
- Dargan Southard at the Des Moines Register offers three things Iowa State learned last night.
- Noah Rohlfing at the Iowa State Daily also has three takeaways.
- Trevor Holbrook, also at the ISD, has that paper’s game recap.
That’s really all we’ve got for you today, as the media only had one thing to talk about yesterday. Enjoy your Saturday, and stay warm.