Yesterday, K-State played dead even with the Connecticut Huskies for three quarters. Let that sink in.
While you’re pondering that, here’s a ton of information in the wake of yesterday’s big game.
- Our own game story, from the inestimable Greg Woods
- Derek Smith’s rhetorical WBB answer to your benevolent despot’s volleyball exhortation
- K-State’s in-house game recap
- Post-game quotes, including some nice comments on the crowd (THE LARGEST WCBB CROWD IN THE NATION SO FAR THIS SEASON, THANK YOU) from UConn folks
- Recap from Daniel Connolly at our sister site The UConn Blog
- At the Star, Kellis Robinett reports on how Jeff Mittie got the Cats ready for yesterday
- Two stories from the Hartford Courant’s Paul Doyle: his gamer, and another piece on the crowd
- And finally, Dan Madigan of the Daily Campus (UConn’s student paper) reports on the game
Also in women’s basketball news, ESPNW’s Dan Olson reports on the commitment of 6’ shooting guard Christianna Carr to K-State. Carr, a junior at Manhattan, is ranked #23 on ESPNW’s Super 60 for 2018. Her commitment comes as little surprise, since her father Chris is director of student-athlete development for the K-State women. Still, it’s a huge get for Jeff Mittie.
Finally, a football item: Kellis Robinett on how the Wildcats became such a run-happy unit. Spoiler: it involves beef. Over half a ton of it.