Four Wildcat teams are in action this evening, and none of them is the right one. Heck, only one of them is even worth rooting for, and they’ll be involved in Wildcat-on-Wildcat violence during the dinner hour. It’s hardly fair.
Indeed, that game is perhaps the most intriguing of the first round, as Davidson is hot at the right time and Bob McKillop’s squad almost always seems to be good for quality entertainment. The third of the seven Big 12 teams is also in action this evening as the nouveau riche contingent from Lubbock tries to get past their in-state foe, one we’re deeply familiar with from excitements past.
This is your evening open thread, with the schedule and broadcast assignments.
- 5:50pm CT, Pittsburgh - East - (1) Villanova Wildcats vs (16) Radford Highlanders - TNT with Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner, and Dana Jacobson
- 6:10pm CT, Boise - South - (5) Kentucky Wildcats vs (12) Davidson Wildcats - CBS with Brian Anderson, Chris Webber, and Lisa Byington
- 6:20pm CT, Wichita - West - (6) Houston Cougars vs (11) San Diego State Aztecs - TBS with Brad Nessler, Steve Lavin, and Evan Washburn
- 6:27pm CT, Dallas - East - (3) Texas Tech Red Raiders vs (14) Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks - TruTV with Spero Dedes, Steve Smith, Len Elmore, and Ros Gold-Onwude
Late shift (times approximate, games tip 30 minutes after conclusion of previous site game):
- 8:20pm CT, Pittsburgh - East - (8) Virginia Tech Hokies vs (9) Alabama Crimson Tide - TNT with Harlan’s crew
- 8:40pm CT, Boise - South - (4) Arizona Wildcats vs (13) Buffalo Bulls - CBS with Anderson’s crew
- 8:50pm CT, Wichita - West - (3) Michigan Wolverines vs (14) Montana Grizzlies - TBS with Nessler’s crew
- 8:57pm CT, Dallas - East - (6) Florida Gators vs (11) Saint Bonaventure Bonnies - TruTV with Dedes’ crew