The morning and early afternoon has been producing some quality comedy in college football, including:
- Kansas getting handed what will probably be an ugly loss by Ohio. The Fighting Frank Soliches are currently up 39-24 late in the fourth quarter.
With a loss, Kansas, who is already in second all-time in consecutive road losses at 41, will be put into a position where the record, 44, will be in their reach. Game 45 would be at Texas, with games 43 and 44 at Iowa State and TCU, respectively.
- Nebraska trailing Northern Illinois for three quarters, largely thanks to a pair of pick-sixes in the first quarter. The Huskers just took the lead with 11:35 remaining in the game. UPDATE: Northern Illinois has retaken the lead, 21-17, with less than 7 minutes to go.
- No. 7 Michigan having a difficult time with Air Force in the Big House. The Wolverines finally extended their lead to two scores in the fourth quarter, currently 22-13.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns of Louisiana giving Texas A&M all they can handle. A&M holds a 28-21 lead late in the third quarter.
- No. 25 UCLA made the mistake of traveling to Memphis, where they trail 34-31 partway through the third quarter.
- It isn’t really unexpected, because Duke has quietly gotten OK at football the last couple of years, but Baylor is on pace to start the season 0-3, with the Blue Devils leading 21-14 partway through the third quarter.
In more positive news for the Big 12, Iowa State is taking care of business, leading Akron 34-14, and West Virginia has a 52-10 lead on Delaware State. In OMGWUT news, Oklahoma State had >500 yards of offense and 49 points by halftime at Pitt. The Cowboys currently lead 56-21 early in the fourth quarter.
Mid-afternoon games of note include No. 23 Tennessee at No. 24 Florida, No. 10 Wisconsin at BYU, No. 16 Virginia Tech at East Carolina, SMU at No. 20 TCU, Mercer at No. 15 Auburn, and Army at No. 8 Ohio State.