The Big 12 has released the television schedule for the 2014 season -- at least those games slated for national platforms without regard to the 12-day or 6-day provisions of the contract, which still applies to most of K-State's schedule. We do now know the precise game time and network for three Wildcat contests this year now, though, so without further ado let's get to it:
|Stephen F. Austin
|at Iowa State
|FOX Sports 1
|September 18 (THU)
|at Texas Christian
|November 20 (THU)
|at West Virginia
|FOX Sports 1
The Stephen F. Austin game is K-State's "Member Institution Retained Football Game", meaning it will almost certainly only be available on KStateHD.tv.
Highlights of the other Big 12 games already slotted include:
- August 30 sees North Dakota State making its second consecutive season-opening appearance on FOX Sports 1, this time at 11am in Ames to take on the Cyclones; West Virginia vs Alabama in Atlanta at 2:30pm on ABC/ESPN2 (regional split) and Florida State vs Oklahoma State at Jerryworld on ABC at 7pm.
- Baylor hosts SMU at 6:30pm August 31, Sunday night, on FOX Sports 1.
- In addition to the 'Cats trip to Ames, September 6 also sees Brigham Young visit Texas at 6:30pm on FOX Sports 1.
- Much of the September 13 schedule is settled, on a weekend where the Wildcats are idle. At 2:30, Kansas visits Duke on ACC Regional Network and Arkansas heads to Lubbock, aired on either ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 depending on where you are. Minnesota visits TCU at 3:00 on FS1, UTSA travels to Stillwater at 6:00 on FSN regionals, Tennessee at Oklahoma is one of the ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 games at 7:00pm, and UCLA meets Texas in Arlington on FOX proper at 7:00.
- The rest of the settled schedule has Texas Tech at Oklahoma state at 6:30pm September 25 on ESPN and TCU at Texas on November 27 at 6:30pm on FS1.
All remaining Tier 1 games will be announced 12 days prior to gameday, and Tier 2 games are announced the week prior.