A few days late, but that tends to happen when your town has intermittent blackouts and Internet outages thanks to freezing rain. Thanks for your patience, Cat fans.
Anyhow, I'm back up and running now, so it's time to play catch-up. First, I will post the actual blog entry for 2003 data/analysis, then some time later, I will roll out the selection field for 2004, the first of many seasons to come without our beloved Wildcats participating. I hope the general college football fans here will still peruse these, though.
By the way, when I get that posted, it will be my first "original" Protest Playoff post in over a month. The moral of the story is: Don't take a break from a once-a-day behavior, because before you know it, a month has passed and you haven't accomplished anything. Pretty annoying, really.
Hit the jump for the full bracket and some assorted data and tables.
The 2003 FBS Playoff Field
Final Associated Press Poll (with final game result)
- Boise State (16-1) - beat LSU 38-21 in the Sugar Bowl
- LSU (15-2) - lost to Boise State 21-38 in the Sugar Bowl
- Oklahoma (14-2) - lost to Boise State 20-30 in the Orange Bowl
- Miami University (13-2) - lost to Oklahoma 23-33 in the Fiesta Bowl
- Kansas State (13-4) - lost to LSU 24-34 in the Rose Bowl
- USC (12-2) - lost to Kansas State 20-27 in the Holiday Bowl
- TCU (11-2) - lost to Hawai'i 31-54 in the Fort Worth Bowl
- Ohio State (11-3) - beat Auburn 35-28 in the Music City Bowl
- Miami (11-3) - beat Michigan 16-14 in the Continental Tire Bowl
- Florida State (11-3) - lost to Boise State 3-35 in the Capital One Bowl
- Texas (11-3) - lost to LSU 10-39 in the Cotton Bowl
- Bowling Green (11-3) - beat Northwestern 28-24 in the Motor City Bowl
- Georgia (11-4) - beat Purdue 34-27 in overtime in the Citrus Bowl
- Michigan (10-4) - lost to Miami 14-16 in the Continental Tire Bowl
- Iowa (10-3) - beat Florida 37-17 in the Outback Bowl
- Washington State (10-3) - beat New Mexico 28-14 in the Las Vegas Bowl
- Ole Miss (10-3) - beat Oklahoma State 31-28 in the Independence Bowl
- Tennessee (10-3) - lost to Clemson 14-27 in the Peach Bowl
- Maryland (10-3) - beat West Virginia 41-7 in the Gator Bowl
- Nebraska (10-3) - beat Michigan State 17-3 in the Alamo Bowl
- Minnesota (10-3) - beat Oregon 31-30 in the Sun Bowl
- Utah (10-3) - beat Southern Miss 17-0 in the Liberty Bowl
- Purdue (9-4) - lost to Georgia 27-34 in overtime in the Citrus Bowl
- Clemson (9-4) - beat Tennessee 27-14 in the Peach Bowl
- Florida (8-5) - lost to Iowa 17-37 in the Outback Bowl
|Tennessee Volunteers||Florida State Seminoles||Oklahoma Sooners||Miami Hurricanes|
|Ohio State Buckeyes||LSU Tigers|
|Kansas State Wildcats||Kansas State Wildcats||Florida State Seminoles||Florida Gators|
|Oklahoma Sooners||Boise State Broncos|
All helmet images are courtesy of The Helmet Project. Check it out - it's pretty cool.