We're almost there! One more day until college football!
Speaking of which, don't miss Baylor vs. Wake Forest tomorrow night on FSN (7:00 p.m. CDT). Not only does football being tomorrow, but BIG 12 FOOTBALL begins tomorrow.
On Saturday, we won't be so fortunate as to catch our Wildcats on the tube. More info to come about this game, but I may be looking at my options as my recent move has left me without Internet service at home, ergo listening via Internet radio won't be an option at home. I'm not sure I want to listen to it anywhere else, for fear that loud yelling at a computer may not be socially acceptable in a public setting.
While we're talking about a quasi-viewer's guide for this weekend, you should also be sure to tune into Missouri vs. Illinois on Saturday evening (7:30 p.m. CDT, ESPN). This will be a good early test for Mizzou on the way to what could be a historic season.
To end the proceedings today, I'm going to veer slightly off topic to note that the 2008-09 men's basketball schedule has been released. Reactionary thoughts follow:
1. Early season matchups with Kentucky, Iowa/West Virginia, and Oregon could make for a harsh early road for a fairly inexperienced team.
2. We're playing Southern Miss at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo. I hope I'm done with finals by then.
3. No Big Monday games = bullshit
4. We play in that town down the river on a Tuesday...
5. We go for two in a row at home against that school down the river on a Saturday, on ABC.
6. Road games against Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State out of the South could be a real pain.
7. Colorado on Senior Day. Yay. Do we have any seniors this year? Just kidding, Darren Kent.