Who: White vs. Purple
When: April 26, 2014 | 1:10 p.m. CT
Where: Manhattah, KS | Bill Snyder Family Stadium (50,000)
Media: Radio only, on a truncated segment of the K-State Sports Network. The game will be available on the following stations:
|Clay Center||KCLY||100.9 FM|
|Dodge City||KAHE||95.5 FM|
|Great Bend||KZRS||107.9 FM|
|Junction City||KJCK||1420 AM|
|Kansas City||WHB||810 AM|
|North Fort Riley||KBLS||102.5 FM|
Streaming: Available on KStateHD.tv, but as a premium offering only. No free video, but audio is free.
It's time for you to get that maintenance fix you'll need to (we hope) get through until the end of August. The Purple and White will face off this afternoon, and I'm sure we'll see all sorts of crazy nonsense that we won't see again until next April. If recent spring games are any indication, I expect to see Jake Waters rush for 330 yards, Joe Hubener to pass for 300, and not one single running back even touch the football.
And I'm only sort of joking.
This is your open thread, and since the game availability is limited, you're all strongly encouraged to comment profusely on what you're seeing for the benefit of those who can't watch.
Things we're all interested in today:
- Can Daniel Sams run routes and catch the ball?
- Can any of our running backs actually run?
- Aside from our questions about Sams, does Jake Waters have any other reliable targets besides Lockett?
- How do the new bodies on the offensive line look?
- The defensive line and safeties will probably be fine, but what about the linebackers and, perhaps most importantly given attrition, the corners?
- Do we have a punter?
Time to roar, Wildcats. Let's hope we at least get an entertaining show this afternoon.