Oh, I don't think we need to get into any big leadup, because you already know what today's slate is. Links. Lots and lots and lots of links. About one thing. (Mostly.)
Men's Basketball - Recaps:
- K-StateSports official recap, with quotes, notes, pictures, video, and infographic
- John Zetmeir at The Collegian
- KU Athletics official recap
- Kellis Robinett at The Star
- Ken Corbitt at The Capital-Journal
- Jesse Newell, KU's guy at the Cap-Journal
- Arne Green at the Salina Journal
- Gary Bedore at KUSports
- Jeffrey Flanagan at FOX Sports
- The AP recap, via The Tulsa World
Men's Basketball - Post-game reactions and analysis:
- TB says it's our state
- Over at RCT... they haven't reacted yet. Be nice, let them collect themselves. Sheesh.
- The Collegian's Spencer Low calls it a full team effort
- The Star's Sam Mellinger on anger and celebration
- Also at The Star, KU beat writer Rustin Dodd says Bramlage closed around the Jayhawks
- Robinett's post-game notes
- The C-J's Kevin Haskin: the 'Cats grew up last night.
- C-J's Eric Smith takes note of the contributions of D.J. Johnson and Omari Lawrence
- Bob Lutz: backhanded compliments and excuses
- The Salina Journal's Harold Bechard lauds Will Spradling and his steadying influence
- Gary Bedore (again), this time with a post-game notebook at the Lawrence Journal-World
- CBS's Matt Norlander with his Monday night notebook, which of course leads with last night's win
- SI's Zac Ellis: Revenge, baby, revenge
- NBC's College Basketball Talk attacks the game from both sides: Scott Phillips with the Wildcat view, Rob Dauster with the Jayhawk perspective
- And finally, courtesy Nina Mandell at USA Today's For The WIn, we can't let the much-maligned Holly Rowe's moment of awesome pass us by, can we?
Also, Marcus Foster was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week for the second time this year. Well, DUH. At this point, he's the odds-on favorite for next week, too.
Official SID preview of tonight's game against Texas. Also, tonight is Play4Kay night; the Lady Cats will be decked out in pink, and all sorts of swag from the game will be auctioned off this afternoon on the concourse to benefit the Kay Yow Fund. At halftime, the 2004 Big 12 Champs will be honored; Claire Coggins, Nicole Ohlde, and Kendra Wecker will be among those present. (Laurie Koehn and Megan Mahoney can't make it due to current team commitments.)