Hey, we're a few weeks into the 2013 season, so let's roll out BOTC's official weekly Big 12 Power Rankings. Out Tuesday this week, they will normally appear on Monday's during the season.
2. Oklahoma St. Cowboys — Overblown Sports Illustrated "scandal" mostly behind them, the Cowboys are going to take West Virginia behind the woodshed in two weeks... in West Virginia. Don't look.
3. Baylor Bears — The potential of this offense is "Raiders of the Lost Ark" top-off-the-box dangerous.
4. Texas Tech Red Raiders — Guns up, suckers. Kliff Kingsbury's Red Raiders look like they're having as much fun on the field as any team can. Will it persist during the grind?
5. Kansas St. Wildcats — Three games in, and still nobody knows what to expect from the Wildcats, including how KSU plans to use its QBs. Giant questions hover above the pass defense, which is a potential death knell in the Big 12.
6. Texas Longhorns — Talent alone is keeping the Longhorns this high. Talented enough to beat anyone. Coached down enough by this current staff to get beat by anyone.
8. West Virginia Mountaineers — The Mountaineers found an OU team with freshman QB identity issues. After a game with Maryland this week, next up is Oklahoma State, which has no such issues. WVU will start Big 12 play 0-2.
9. Kansas Jayhawks — Only reason KU isn't last this week is that Iowa State is swinging a mean pillow to start the season. Jake Heaps' early performances have been the sort that make a fan uncomfortable. Not brutal, but definitely not good.
10. Iowa St. Cyclones — This is a bad, bad football team. Love Coach Paul to death, but the 2013 season looks to be headed down a set of perilous Rhoads.