We have seen the future of football - the future of Texas Longhorns football, perhaps - and it is called Art Briles' offense. At this point, the rest of the Big 12 can try and hunker down in its trailer and hope to survive the Waco whirlwind that has blown away opponents with a 54.2-point average margin of victory after four games.
So, without further ado ...
1. Baylor Bears (4-0, 1-0) - It's green. It's gold. It's Scarlett Johansson sexy, and I'm in love. You are, too, and if you say you aren't, you're lying.
2. Oklahoma Sooners (5-0, 2-0) - The Sooners averaged 40 ppg against non-conference opponents, but have averaged just 18 ppg in two Big 12 home wins against West Virginia and TCU. That's enough to raise some doubts.
3. Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-0, 2-0) - Trailing 10-0 at Kansas after one quarter, the Red Raiders looked like they were on the verge of massive sickness. A 54-6 run over the last 45 minutes proved it was just bad gas to start.
4. Oklahoma St. Cowboys (4-1, 1-0) - Spit, sputter, choke and coast across the finish stripe with a nearly dead engine. Had it not been for K-State's ineptness and brutal multiple mental mistakes, OSU probably isn't even in the Top 25 this week.
5. Texas Longhorns (3-2, 2-0) - The Red River Rivalry likely won't amount to much, but with games against TCU, Kansas and WVU after that,could be 6-3, 5-1, a month from now. Not good enough to say things are fixed at that point, but it isn't that awful, either, all things considered.
6. Kansas St. Wildcats (2-3, 0-2) - This is perhaps one of the most un-KSU K-State teams ever. Spotty effort, bad decisions, mental errors, turnovers, poor play-calling, it's all on the table right now in Manhattan.
7. TCU Horned Frogs (2-3, 0-2) - TCU had seven straight 3-and-outs to open against the Sooners and didn't get a first down until halfway through the third quarter. A good defense is great, but you can't be that bad offensively and hope to win, even though the Frogs made it interesting in Norman.
8. West Virginia Mountaineers (3-3, 1-2) - Two weeks ago, WVU felt pretty good after holding OSU to 433 yards and 21 points. Baylor was held to 354 yards and 28 points ... in the first quarter.
9. Iowa St. Cyclones (1-3, 0-1) - Paul Rhoads has a shiny new reprimand from the Big 12 after his comments following ISU's controversial loss to Texas. *shrug* We know, Paul. We know. Sorry, dude.
10. Kansas Jayhawks (2-2, 0-1) - KU defended its home turf against Texas Tech, for a whole quarter even. All 15 minutes. Hang that artwork on the fridge and get back to figuring out the last 45 minutes.