The college football season is now upon us — with 25 percent* more playoff anticipation included!
Don't over-analyze this preseason ballot too much. I basically threw it together in three minutes.
My guiding principles in a completely uninformed and fairly meaningless preseason tradition were the following:
- Everyone has Florida State, Georgia, Michigan and West Virginia overrated. Bowl wins aren't that important, people.
- Everyone has Kansas State underrated. Duh. TCU, too.
- Alabama is defending champion. They get to be No. 1 until prove otherwise. USC is close, though.
- LSU falls to No. 3 because of Tyrann Mathieu, obviously.
- Yes, I have seven Big 12 teams ranked. Conference pride, baby!
- All of my ranked SEC teams are in the top 10. They've earned it as a conference.
- I hate Nebraska.
My preseason SB Nation BlogPoll ballot, posted without further comment, follows after the jump.
There is no waiting list this week. That likely will debut next week after I've seen, I don't know, actual games.
*A completely made-up number. We all know it's probably much closer to 100 percent.