Looks like it will be six in the Dance after all. But how far can Texas go this week?
Feel free to use this entry as a live discussion thread today.
6:30 p.m.: No. 4 Baylor Bears vs. No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks (Big 12 Network)
- BracketCat: Kansas 72, Baylor 66
- GAMER: Kansas ??, Baylor ??
- Pomeroy: Kansas 74, Baylor 66
- Sagarin: Kansas 70, Baylor 66
Kansas usually owns this tournament, but it's worth remembering that Baylor is the only team to knock the Jayhawks out in the last seven years.
It's simple, really: If yesterday's Perry Jones III shows up today, Baylor can beat KU with its depth. If not, Baylor is screwed. It's truly that simple.
9 p.m.: No. 6 Texas Longhorns vs. No. 2 Missouri Tigers (Big 12 Network)
- BracketCat: Missouri 72, Texas 68
- GAMER: Missouri ??, Texas ??
- Pomeroy: Missouri 76, Texas 71
- Sagarin: Missouri 68, Texas 64
Texas delivered probably its best effort of the season last night against Iowa State.
Unfortunately, even that probably won't be enough to propel the Horns to victory tonight.
To prove my hunch, I offer the following mathematical axiom: 5 Seniors > 6 Freshmen.
Oh, and did I mention the wild home disparity in favor of the Tigers?
I rest my case. Missouri will be in the championship game tomorrow.