My Bowl picks in the Big 12 after week 7
BCS National Championship game-Oklahoma- Despite a less than stellar performance against the worst team in all of the AQ conferences (and possibly college football), OU is still an excellent team that has a pretty good chance of winning out.
For more picks around the Big 12 keep reading after the jump
Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma State- Other than Oklahoma I don't see another team on the Cowboys schedule who has the speed and endurance to keep up with their high flying quick scoring offense. And, barring injury to Weeden/Blackmon/Randall or Cooper, this team is on pace for a very special season with 11-12 wins being a real possibility.
- Cotton Bowl- Kansas State- The Wildcats proved that wins at Miami and against Baylor and Missouri were no fluke as they became the second team to reach bowl eligibility in the Big 12 (Okie State got there early and OU got there late). And the Cats control their own destiny at this point and only need to win one more game in addition to the KU and Iowa State games to clinch a cotton bowl bid.
- Alamo Bowl- Texas A&M- We saw on Saturday what the Aggies can do win every thing comes together, unfortunately for them this was the first time in about 4 weeks that every thing has come together for them, and there is nothing suggesting that this turnaround will last.
- Insight Bowl- Baylor- The bears were introduced to the first part of the meat grinder that is the Big 12 when they got blown out by the aggies 55-28. But despite still having to go against the buzz saw that is the Big 12 they still have 3-4 winnable games left in their schedule.
Holiday Bowl- Texas Tech- Texas Tech might be the best team in the Big 12 that absolutely no one is talking about. Texas Tech is a good spot with 4 wins right now and still has Iowa State and Missouri left on the schedule. As long as Seth Doege forgets about the 3 picks and 1 fumble he gave up on Saturday Tech still has a pretty decent chance to win 7 games this season.
- Texas Bowl- Texas- I think that Texas might have the 4th easiest path into getting into a bowl (behind the 3 teams that are already in). The longhorns have 4 wins at this point with KU, Texas Tech and Missouri all left on the schedule. But past those I am not sure where Texas can get higher up in the bowl picture
- Pinstripe Bowl- other conference tie in/Notre Dame?- Despite Missouri winning impressively against Iowa State on Saturday looking on the tigers schedule I just don't see where the next 3 wins are gonna come from. According to the wikipedia page for the Pinstripe Bowl Notre Dame had a tie in but I don't know if Notre Dame has another tie in for a better bowl (I would certainly hope they would) so I don't know who the pinstipe bowl picks up after the Big 12 and the Irish.