A quick recap, what I thought the Wildcats did well, what they could improve on, and grades for the offense, defense, and coaching.
What I liked
Forcing turnovers- it started early with Nigel Malone getting a pick six on the third play of the game and continued all the way into the 4th quarter.
Keep on reading after the jump.
The passing game- Collin Klein's arm is probably what gave the Cats the win as he made two clutch passes at the end of the game. and
- Tyler Lockett- Tyler had a decent game as far as receiving catching 3 passes for 30 yards, but had an excellent in the return game as his clutch kick return only left the cats behind by one point.
What Could improve
- Discipline- Snyder said he disappointed with the discipline of the offensive and defensive lines during the post game interview.
- The receivers- Missing Sheldon Smith and Brodrick Smith showed especially during the first half, although in the second half K-State's offense picked up significantly scoring over 40 points for the first time this year.
- The second half- If you watch K-State this season, a slow second half is almost inevitable.
- The passing defense- even though they did a good job getting 3 picks allowing over 400 yards through the air is simply unacceptable.
Offense- B - the wildcats offense came back well during the second half and scored over 40 points, but should have done much more as K-State's offense (at least on paper) should have just ran over the texas tech defense.
Defense- B- - The cats did a good job getting 4 turnovers but allowing over 400 yards through the air and letting the backup running back get 91 yards on you is just unacceptable
Coaching-A - The silver fox has done it again getting K-State off to its first perfect half since 2000 (the year of the cotton bowl year). And HUGE props to Sean Snyder, if you would have told me during the baylor game that Tyler Lockett would have a 100 yard return and Ray Kibble would block not one but two field goals, I would have laughed politely at you, but if you told me all of that would happen in the same game I would have been rolling on the ground laughing my self into a hernia.