There are a lot of folks out there who want to poke fun at Farmageddon. I can see their point.
- Is it a completely manufactured rivalry concocted by people trying to make a quick buck? Yes.
- Are the schools even remotely 'rivals'? No.
- Can a game between these two teams generate enough interest to fill an NFL stadium even under the best circumstances? Hell no.
- Will there be more empty seats than occupied ones? Maybe.
- Does a game like this deserve a moniker as ridiculous as "Farmageddon"? Absolutely.
But for everyone poking fun at this game, I have only one retort.
Suck it, city folk. Country girls put out. Mainly because there's nothing else better to do, but whatever.