And then, in a tremble, Bern heard on the floor,
The gasping results of sharp cuts backdoor.
As she drew in her head, and was turning around,
Down the court St. Selby came with a bound.
He was dressed all in adidas, from his head to his foot,
But his rep was all tarnished by Bay Frazier's loot;
A bundle of gifts that were deemed impermissible,
Yet the proof of wrongdoing did not seem to be visible.
To be continued...
It was the best of times (for Duke), it was the worst of times (for Florida).
K. Scott Bailey already addressed the Jacksonville upset and we all know what it means, so I'm not going to rehash it here. What will be interesting is to see how it affects Florida's RPI (and, by extension, our own).
So come back around 2 p.m. and see what the new numbers say. EDIT: Well, they only dropped to 10th, so it had less effect than I thought it would.
Note: Even though I consider the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll more valid right now, I'm switching back to the Associated Press rankings this week because that's what Yahoo's scoreboard uses, and it's just easier that way.
Associated Press Ranking = 11
ESPN/USA Today Ranking = 11
Overall Record = 9-2
RPI = 14
SOS = 22
Signature Wins (RPI 1-30) = none
Quality Wins (RPI 31-100) = James Madison, Virginia Tech, Gonzaga, Washington State
Bad Losses (RPI 101 or greater) = none
- James Madison (8-3, 0-1 CAA) | RPI = 90
- Virginia Tech (6-4, 0-1 ACC) | RPI = 48
- Presbyterian (5-6, 1-1 Big South) | RPI = 106
- Gonzaga (6-5) | RPI = 74
No. 1 Duke (11-0) | RPI = 5: Win over Elon (98-72)
- Texas Southern (2-7) | RPI = 195
- Emporia State (7-4, 4-1 MIAA*)
- Washington State (8-1) | RPI = 86
- Alcorn State (0-8) | RPI = 233
- Loyola-Chicago (8-4, 0-2 Horizon League) | RPI = 216
No. 20 Florida (8-3) | RPI = 10: Loss to Jacksonville (68-71 in overtime)
- UNLV (10-2) | RPI = 24
- UMKC (6-4, 0-2 Summit League) | RPI = 275
- North Florida (4-7, 1-1 Atlantic Sun) | RPI = 141
Savannah State (1-13) | RPI = 330: Loss at Arkansas State (55-68)
- Oklahoma State (10-1) | RPI = 52
- Colorado (7-3) | RPI = 198
- Texas Tech (5-6) | RPI = 201
- No. 9 Missouri (10-1) | RPI = 42
- No. 25 Texas A&M (10-1) | RPI = 30
- No. 15 Baylor (7-1) | RPI = 91
- No. 3 Kansas (10-0) | RPI = 2
- Nebraska (9-2) | RPI = 113
- Iowa State (10-2) | RPI = 118
- Oklahoma (5-6) | RPI = 151
- No. 18 Texas (9-2) | RPI = 35