- James Madison still hasn't lost since we beat them. Denzel Bowles and Rayshawn Goins each had 20-point double-doubles against Eastern Michigan.
- Duke blasted Oregon. After seeing Kyle Singler go off for 30 points in his home state, I feel pretty good about how we defended him.
- Don't look now, but Loyola Chicago is 7-0 after winning in the same gym that Colorado lost in last week. That visit to Chicago is going to be tricky, especially if Jacob Pullen has a Denis Clemente-pressing-too-much-in-front-of-his-mom type of performance.
- Texas Tech left South Padre Island 0-2 and made Ron Anderson look like a superstar in the process. That's hard to do. It's definitely looking like a "get fired" kind of year in Lubbock.
- Yes, KU looked pretty good, but Arizona is unranked for a reason. I was surprised the Wildcats kept it as close as they did, frankly. A more balanced team might have been able to knock the Jayhawks off last night. That said, I still maintain that KU is playing slightly better as a team than us right now.
- Don't read too much into Nebraska's win over USC. The Huskers trailed by as much as 20. Keep in mind that USC lost to Rider already this season and also lost at home to Nebraska last season. The Trojans really suck.
- Texas looks like the same team as last year. They'll beat some pretty good teams on talent alone and have baffling nights like last night when they jack up a bunch of 3s and don't get the ball to Tristan Thompson. I expect them to finish around fifth and don't see them being able to finish in the top four.
AP Ranking = 4
ESPN/USA Today Ranking = 4
Overall Record = 5-1
RPI = 14
SOS = 19
Signature Wins (RPI 1-30) = none
Quality Wins (RPI 31-100) = Virginia Tech
Bad Losses (RPI 101 or greater) = none
James Madison (5-1) | RPI = 107: Win over Eastern Michigan (74-68)
- Virginia Tech (4-1) | RPI = 37
- Presbyterian (2-4) | RPI = 111
- No. 22 Gonzaga (3-2) | RPI = 116
No. 1 Duke (6-0) | RPI = 17: Win over Oregon (98-71)
- Texas Southern (1-5) | RPI = 181
- Emporia State (3-2*)
- Washington State (4-0) | RPI = 122
- Alcorn State (0-5) | RPI = 327
Loyola Chicago (7-0) | RPI = 71: Win at San Francisco (63-62)
- No. 16 Florida (4-1) | RPI = 101
- UNLV (5-0) | RPI = 3
- UMKC (4-0) | RPI = 265
- North Florida (3-3) | RPI = 53
- Savannah State (1-6) | RPI = 310
- Oklahoma State (4-1) | RPI = 164
- Colorado (2-2) | RPI = 298
Texas Tech (4-3) | RPI = 150: Loss to USF (61-64 in the South Padre Island Invitational)
- No. 11 Missouri (4-0) | RPI = 29
- Texas A&M (4-1) | RPI = 213
- No. 12 Baylor (4-0) | RPI = 42
- No. 6 Kansas (6-0) | RPI = 7: Win over Arizona (87-79 in the Las Vegas Invitational)
Nebraska (4-2) | RPI = 217: Win over USC (60-58 in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series)
Iowa State (6-0) | RPI = 21: Win over Montana State (81-59)
- Oklahoma (3-3) | RPI = 244
- No. 20 Texas (5-1) | RPI = 12: Win over Rice (62-59)