In Thursday's action, the following happened:
- Oklahoma remained the most fraudulent 3-0 team in the nation by beating up on Texas Southern, the worst team on K-State's upcoming schedule.
- Florida erased the memory of its lopsided defeat to Ohio State with a 50-point beat-down of North Carolina A&T.
- K-State commitment Adrian Diaz's older brother, Andres, led the North Florida Ospreys to a first-round win in the Cancun Challenge with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
- If possible, Missouri kicked off its regular season by squeaking to even uglier win than the one we posted last night.
- Baylor completed its Lace-less stretch in a fairly dominating fashion. In related news, Perry Jones III is insanely good.
- The Nubbies laid an egg in Puerto Rico. What kind of egg? Try a leading scorer with just 10 points, 0 for 10 from 3-point range and 10 of 23 from the charity stripe. Yikes. But the truly pressing question is: Will Brandon Ubel return from the sunny island with any semblance of a tan on his vampire-like exterior?
- Congrats to Texas for an inspired "upset" effort against what I thought was a comparable team, but Longhorns, get ready for a KSU vs. Butler-like letdown tonight against Pittsburgh. Overtime is a cruel bitch of a mistress.
And in breaking news, Bruce Pearl just got suspended for eight games by the $EC(heating).
You think that's bad? Wait'll you see what the NCAA does to him...
AP Ranking = 3
ESPN/USA Today Ranking = 3
Overall Record = 3-0
RPI = 77
SOS = 153
Signature Wins (RPI 1-30) = none
Quality Wins (RPI 31-100) = James Madison
Bad Losses (RPI 101 or greater) = none
- James Madison (0-1) | RPI = 62
- No. 22 Virginia Tech (1-1) | RPI = 167
Presbyterian (0-2) | RPI = 337: Loss at No. 3 Kansas State (67-76 in the CBE Classic)
- No. 11 Gonzaga (2-1) | RPI = 111
- No. 1 Duke (2-0) | RPI = 2
- Marquette (3-0) | RPI = 119
Texas Southern (0-3) | RPI = 316: Loss at Oklahoma (52-82)
- Emporia State (1-2*)
- Washington State (2-0) | RPI = 136
- Alcorn State (0-3) | RPI = 77
Loyola Chicago (4-0) | RPI = 80: Win over Eastern Illinois (73-62)
- No. 9 Florida (2-1) | RPI = 57: Win over North Carolina A&T (105-55)
- UNLV (2-0) | RPI = 254
- UMKC (2-0) | RPI = 301
North Florida (1-2) | RPI = 88: Win at Wyoming (76-60 in the Cancun Challenge)
Savannah State (1-3) | RPI = 327: Loss at Florida A&M (53-64)
- Oklahoma State (2-0) | RPI = 255
- Colorado (1-1) | RPI = 170
- Texas Tech (1-1) | RPI = 217
- No. 15 Missouri (1-0) | RPI = 345: Win over Western Illinois (66-61)
- Texas A&M (2-0) | RPI = 64
- No. 17 Baylor (3-0) | RPI = 50: Win over Jackson State (63-49)
- No. 7 Kansas (2-0) | RPI = 106
Nebraska (2-1) | RPI = 179: Loss to Vanderbilt (49-59 in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off)
- Iowa State (3-0) | RPI = 85
Oklahoma (3-0) | RPI = 182: Win over Texas Southern (82-52)
Texas (3-0) | RPI = 36: Win over No. 13 Illinois (90-84 in overtime in the 2K Sports Classic)