- The baseball game against A&M was postponed last night due to bad weather. There will be a doubleheader today with the first game starting at 2:30 PM CST. No word on the hotdogs.
- Shalee Lehning was drafted into the WNBA last night. She was selected by the Atlanta Dream with the 25th pick. Congratulations!
- According to Rick Dean of the Topeka Capital Journal, the search for a new AD is going well, or so we are to assume. A search committee has been formed (but they forgot to include us), and they hope to have a new AD in place by mid-June at the latest. However, I thought this quote was great. I feel much, much better knowing that Wefald really doesn't have much say in this:
The search-by-committee is a new process for K-State, at least as it pertains to major athletic department hires. In the past, those decisions were made by the Anderson Hall braintrust, sometimes with the help of an outside consultant.
- TNew is putting on a benefit in Manhattan. It will be on April 24th:
Tickets for the benefit are $100 per person or $400 for a group of five, and include a buffet dinner, complimentary drinks, entertainment by K-State alumnus and comedian Charles Allen, a live concert, an interview session and audience Q&A with Newman, live and silent auctions, door prizes and picture and autograph opportunities. To order tickets for the event, call (615) 535-3140 or visit either www.terencenewman41.com or www.k-statesports.com.
- This was one of the better ones.
To the ladies of Sigma Kappa: I spit in the food you eat. Love, your cook.
Today I walked past a church with a bunch of people standing outside waiting for a bride and groom to walk out. When the church doors opened, I yelled, "Congratulations!" as loud as I could. It was a funeral. Eff my life.
My pee smells like Golden Grahams. Sweet!